As I mentioned previously last week I was charged with house-sitting for my boss Anne while she was away on 'vacation'. The house is in the lovely suburb of Queen Anne, perched on a hill overlooking downtown. My first and foremost role for the week was to look after the delightful Hazie
We had a great time, going for walks (not too far, she's a venerable 9 years old) though while she's great at catching the ball, her 'fetch' skills need a little work yet. Otherwise she was a wonderfully trained dog, and even did a cute little dance when she wanted a snack biscuit on an evening!
The house itself was beautiful, and my room (yes I can generate mess very quickly!) had a splendid view over downtown.
It was also nice to have a fully stocked kitchen. I had a great time chilling with Cali and Jackie, Anne's stepdaughters, especially trying out their "secret recipe" homemade garlic dip (om nom nom nom; garlic, Philadelphia, milk, lemon juice and Lea & Perrins since you ask).
Another highlight was the pool! Heated to 32C, there can be few better ways to relax after work than splashing around in the pool in the evening.
I even had free access to the 'spare' cars if I wanted, though the BMW had an oil leak so that was off limits. I didn't take Anne up on this though, I thought driving an automatic on the 'wrong' side of the road might have ended up badly!
Now for the part of the post with the arty shots:
Ok, so the last one was a bit literal but its such a good painting I couldn't resist...
Work again tomorrow, Becky and I made a bit of a breakthrough today so hopefully we'll be back to making progress tomorrow so we can start producing results as soon as possible!
Tuesday, 10 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment