Welcome          Gallery          Blog         

Monday, 15 April 2013

Spring's here! (Maybe...)

Has spring finally arrived? I certainly hope so! Spent my Saturday giving my bike a good wash (it definitely needed it after some foul weather over the last month)! Got it looking shiny and beautiful. James brought his new steed over, a beautiful white framed monster with fixed gears and only one brake. I gave it a quick test, not sure the frame was big enough though and I don't think this fixie lark is quite to my taste! Anyway James took me out along his infamous Chapel Hill training route. Flying along fenland roads through the villages to the West of Cambridge followed by a steep climb uphill (in Cambridgeshire?!) then a coast back down the other side and back in to town along the A10 from Foxton to Trumpington and the guided busway. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos (this was serious cycling) so you can have some flowers from back home instead. It was a great ride though (I'll publish the map when I make it later) and the hill exposed my lack of fitness nicely- more training needed! Thank goodness the light evenings are back.







No comments:

Post a Comment