So a little bit of quiet time on the blog for the last couple of weeks. My journey back from the US went swimmingly, the BA staff tended to my every need on the flights, and a shower (followed by a G+T) in the lounge at Heathrow soon had me feeling like a new man! My frequently disrupted sleep cycles at Uni have clearly set me in good stead because I skipped the Jet-Lag step of readjustment to British life. One good night sleep in my own bed and I was back on Mean Time (or rather BST, but that's a little pedantic). After a week unpacking, catching up and tidying at home, I was just about settled in before I was off to Nice for five days with my family. It wasn't a particularly active holiday: the emphasis was on sunbathing by the rooftop pool at the hotel, catching up on fiction (new Pratchett is a worthy read). We did spend time exploring the old town, browsing the markets and most importantly enjoying French cuisine! Inevitably for one of my family's holidays, the homeward flight was disrupted, this time due to a French general strike triggering Easy Jet to cancel their flights. Such happenings are a theme of my family holidays, so we swung smoothly into action finding alternative flights to Manchester, so we only got home a few hours later than planned. Tomorrow I'm off to Wales to visit my Godparents and spend some time at the organisation where my Aunt works. I'll learning about the services available to the homeless and drug addicts; sure to be an enlightening experience.
Here's a few pictures from around Nice:
Saturday, 18 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
















No comments:
Post a Comment